Do you know an artist or an arts organisation that deserves special recognition for an outstanding achievement in the arts & culture industry in Southwark?
Would you like to nominate the London Photo Festival?? We’d be most grateful and it will help raise the profile of the Festival!
On Friday 27th February 2015, SAF will be holding the second Southwark Arts Forum The Awards (SAFTA) ceremony to acknowledge and celebrate the talent and inspiration Southwark has to offer. The event will be held at Unicorn Theatre, Tooley Street.
Nominations shall be made via email to Southwark Arts Forum Director Bridget Edwards. Each nomination shall state the reason for the nomination and provide a brief synopsis of the nominee’s accomplishments and reasons why they should receive the award. Individuals and organisations can nominate themselves.
The awards ceremony will consist of 8 award categories; Four of which are themed to celebrate groups or individuals within the borough and four of which are to celebrate art forms.
1. Best community arts project/ programme (group or individuals)
2. Celebrating diversity in the arts (groups or individuals)
3. Arts Champion (individual)
4. Emerging Talent (individual)
5. Performing arts, theatre, dance, spoken word (groups or individuals)
6. Visual arts including digital, film and photography (groups or individuals)
7. Literature, including poetry (groups or individuals)
8. Musicians including singers, instrumentalists, composers across any genre (groups or individuals)
This is a great opportunity to have your work shown to a large audience of special invitation only guests and to have your work publicized within the event programme. The work will receive special mention when the winner is announced.
Please visit their website to download the Nomination Form from the link at the “Submitting” area. Alternatively you can email them at email@example.com and they’ll send you a copy.