Winner: Amy Bateman – Convergence (£500)1st Runner Up: Richard Maxim (head in box) (£300)2nd Runner Up: Brett Canet-Gibson- Review (£200)Coco Harris – PierCharlie Nowlan – Broken iceNatalya Trotsevich – Goddess SeleneSimon hadleigh-sparks – Atlantis SG4Daniela Pasquetti – SilencesTawanwad Wanavit- FollowerTawanwad Wanavit – Fishing feetEnrico La Bianca – Fish marketBrika Weidmaier – Underground IIDieter Kaufmann – Abstract 1001Laura Visigalli – Drop a LineGiovanni ChianeseFrancesca Truddaiu – l’essenziale#1Alessandra Barracchia – my beautiful laundretteGraziano PanfiliFernanda Carvalho – DivindadeLauren Jenkins
You can now see the finalists and top three winning images in our recent architecture photography competition at The Bridge Lounge in Tooley Street, London SE1. Please check their website for opening hours. The exhibition will be in display for three months.
Welcome to our new free monthly photography competitions! Each month we will run a themed photography competition and the winning image will be voted for by the public.
The themes for the year are:-
April (voting March) – Reflections
May (voting April) – Black and White
June (voting May) – Water
July (voting June) – Architecture
August (voting July) – Landscape
September (voting August) – Macro
October (voting September) – Sunrise/sets
November (voting October) – Cities
December (voting November) – Weather
What does the winning photographer get? Fame and glory for a start! You will also be the Featured Photographer in our monthly newsletter (the month that follows the competition) and be included on our London Photo Gallery website where you will be given the opportunity to sell your image. Finalists will also receive recognition in our online gallery display and on all our social media channels via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and our Blog etc.
20th of each month.
We are honoured to announce the judge for our current architecture photography competition. Voted as one of the top 14 of the world’s architecture photographers, Johnny Kerr is an American fine art photographer based in Arizona who has pursued art in various forms since childhood. His college studies and post-graduate vocation concentrated on graphic design but during his late twenties a desire to change careers brought him back to school to study education. Removed from the commercial sector, and creating art solely for himself once again, Johnny found a new voice in the medium of photography.
I entered the competition because the scope of the competition was very much in line with the type of photography I enjoy the most. I’m humbled by the honour, especially seeing the strong competition from other participants.
We’ve got a lot happening and here’s how you can get involved:-
- The top 3 winners of our landscape competition have been announced! The exhibition of the top 20, including the top 3 winners, will run from 26th September until the beginning of 2017 at The Bridge Lounge. Please check their website for opening times before visiting.
- We are pleased to announce the latest collaboration with Ensemble Perpetuo for an exciting new event called ‘Youth Revisited’. This exhibition will be a part of the Little Venice Music Festival and will take place on the afternoon of 8th October 2016. You can reserve your ticket here.
- We’ve also teamed up the Totally Thames Festival supporting their Thames Lens 2016 Photography Competition and they are looking for excellent, quirky photographs that succeed in bringing the Thames to life. Images must have been taken between the beginning of October 2015 and the end of September 2016, and can feature any part of the River Thames or Thames-related subject along the stretch of the Thames between Hampton Court and Erith. Deadline for entries is Saturday 1st October 2016 at 5pm.
- As part of our 10th festival anniversary in May 2017, we are running a free street photography competition and you can enter your images here to be in with a chance to win an exhibition in London.
- We have just announced our architecture photography competition and you can enter here – win cash prizes and an exhibition in London.
- And last but not least, don’t forget our festival next year – the theme is ‘your journey’ or ‘your travels’ – this image could be taken on your way to work, walking the dog, journeys across the globe or showing us journeys around your city.
Calling all architectural photographers! If you fancy yourself as a photographer of the built environment, enter our first architecture photography competition for the chance to be exhibited in a central London venue and win some cash prizes. All you have to do is submit your images. Good luck!
The top 20 selected images will be exhibited at the prestigious Bridge Lounge Bar and Restaurant in London Bridge for three months from early 2017.
All finalists will be announced in the London Photo Festival & Gallery newsletter and a press release will be issued. Finalists will also receive recognition in online gallery display and social media exposure via Facebook, Twitter and our Blog.
Cash prizes of a total of £1,000 to be won.
Colour and black & white images will be accepted.
The top 20 selected images will be exhibited at a London location for 3 months. Out of the 20 selected, three will win:-
First Place: £650 cash prize
Second Place: £250 cash prize
Third Place: £100 cash prize
All finalists will be announced in the London Photo Festival; Gallery newsletter and a press release will be issued. Finalists will also receive recognition in our online gallery display on all our social media channels via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and our Blog.
All submitted images remain sole property of artist/photographer.
£10 – 1 image
£15 – 2 images
£20 – 3 images
£30 – 5 images
Colour and/or Black and White images will be accepted.
Contest is open to all individuals 18 years and older, worldwide.
5th January 2017