Congratulations to Angela Baschieri who is the 2nd Runner Up in our Landscape Photography Competition with her image ‘Amazing Tigray’. You can see her image, the two runners up and the top 20 selected images at The Bridge Lounge in London from 26 September to early 2017.
This image was taken in the Gheralta mountain of Tigray. This magical landscape host around 200 rock-hewn churches, most of them easily accessible although some are situated on the mountain ranges and involve climbing through fairly difficult terrain.
The rock-hewn churches of Tigray offer the most spectacular views and the long Christian tradition. Until the mid 1960’s, the churches were almost unknown outside Tigray itself.
We’ve got a lot happening and here’s how you can get involved:-
- Our next exhibition is at The Cutty Sark with Ensemble Perpetuo as part of the Totally Thames Festival, where we’ll be exhibiting images depicting ‘voyages of the sea’. You can purchase a ticket here.
- You have until 24th September to see the current street photography competition at The Bridge Lounge but make sure you check out their opening times on their website.
- We’ll be announcing the top 3 winners of our landscape competition on the 25th September! The exhibition of the top 20, including the top 3 winners, will run from 25th September until the end of the year at The Bridge Lounge.
- We are pleased to announce the latest collaboration with Ensemble Perpetuo for an exciting new event called ‘Youth Revisited’. This exhibition will be a part of the Little Venice Music Festival and will take place on the afternoon of 8th October 2016. Submit your images here.
- We’ve also teamed up the Totally Thames Festival supporting their Thames Lens 2016 Photography Competition and they are looking for excellent, quirky photographs that succeed in bringing the Thames to life. Images must have been taken between the beginning of October 2015 and the end of September 2016, and can feature any part of the River Thames or Thames-related subject along the stretch of the Thames between Hampton Court and Erith. Deadline for entries is Saturday 1st October 2016 at 5pm.
- As part of our 10th festival anniversary in May 2017, we are running a free street photography competition and you can enter your images here to be in with a chance to win a three month exhibition in London
- And last but not least, don’t forget our festival next year – the theme is ‘travel photography’.
Image: Mustafa Karaaslan
If you entered our competition to be exhibited at The Cutty Sark as part of our collaboration with Ensemble Perpetuo and their ‘Voyages of the Sea’ project, then you would have received an email this morning confirming your selection! Below is a small selection of the images we’ll exhibiting and you can view the rest on the evening of the 22nd September. Purchase your ticket here to be part of this incredible evening of music, poetry and photography on board one of London’s oldest and iconic landmarks.
The exhibiting photographers are: Abhiruk Lahiri, Ajithaa Edirimane, Cairis Grant-Hickey, Caroline Fernandez, Caz Dyer, Christophe Charreyron, Diana Buzoianu, Hsien Chih Chuang, Ionut Cirja, Jaime Gómez, John Probert, Justin Davin Smith, Kelly Heston, Kitty Watson, Martin Green, Massimiliano Fiumefreddo, Mustafa Karaaslan, Natasha Bennett, Nicole Kather, Paul Jackson, Richard St John, Robert Finch, Samantha Louise Measor, Simon Hadleigh-Sparks, Wan Li and Yen Ling Chua.
Congratulations to the top 20 selected photographers who will be exhibited at The Bridge Lounge in London, United Kingdom from the 25th September until January 2017. The top three cash prize winners will be announced on the 25th September. Good luck everyone!
The top 20 photographers are: Andrea Silva, Angela Baschieri, Avinash Little, David Neve, Diego Cappella, Donna Richardson, George Digalakis, Joanna Fenning, Jodie House, Max Mann, Nicolas Lopez, Philip Moore, Richard Harris, Sandra Wilks, Stephen Knight, Stian Nesoy, Teng Ruen Ban, Thomas Hancock, Vaibhav Kaul and Viktoryia Vinnikava.
You can also enter here